I agreed to be on the Selection Committee for the next full-day Under the Radar event by IBDNetwork. The focus will be Office 2.0 and 32 emerging startups will present on March 23, 2007, at the Microsoft campus in Mountain View, CA. The categories are being finalized, but they likely are:
- Organize – Tasks, Database, Project, Notes, Bookmarks
- Collaborate - Groups, Wiki’s, Spreadsheets, Word Processing, File Sending, Document Mgmt
- Track – Time, Expenses, Budgets, Accounting, HR
- Publish – Blog platforms, Web publishing, Feeds/RSS, Content Management
- Communicate – Email, IM, VOIP, Voice, web conferencing
- Create – Presentation Mngr, music, photo edit/manage
- Personalize – Desktop, Calendar, personal organizers
- Search – vertical, social, create your own.
Although I’m a bit late (what a surprise) there are still a few days left for new submissions, so if you know a startup in the above categories, please recommend them either in a comment below or by emailing me.
IBDNetwork’s criteria for selection:
- Unique value proposition
- Ability to monetize product/business
- Must be solving a problem
- Market opportunity
- Must still be considered “under the radar”
- Company must be a actual startup – not a new product from a large company.
- Series A or less in funding
- Beta and beyond – must have customers/users testing and/or using the product in the market
Thanks for your contribution!